Father's Day is always the third Sunday in June. This year it is June 16, but did you know...?
|William Jackson Smart|
1. Father's Day was almost June 5th. That was the birthday of the father of Sonora Smart Dodd who initiated the first statewide Father's Day commemoration in Washington State, 1910.
2. Despite the efforts of Ms. Dodd and merchants, who would have loved to have had another gift-giving holiday added to the calendar, Father's Day didn't become a national holiday until 1972, 58 years after Mother's Day.
3. There are approximately 70,100,000 fathers in the United States.
4. There were an estimated 176,000 stay-at-home dads in 2011.
8. A father sea catfish keeps the eggs of his young in his mouth until they hatch, not eating for several weeks.
9. There are 23,019 hardware stores and home centers in the United States.
Ties are thought to be vectors of disease in hospitals. In 2007 British hospitals published rules banning neckties. So some doctors have turned to bow ties.