Hello! Who are you? Give us the 411 about yourself.
Hi I am Clare Hayes, Fiorella Jewelry
note: my daughter Lexi is assisting on this series as part of a home-school project.
1. I love makeup and wear it almost every day even if I’m not going anywhere.
2. I used to have nice nails and would do something (painting, filing, etc.) to my nails on a daily basis…now all I do is try to keep the dirt from under my nails after working on jewelry or working in my gardens.
3. I used to hate gardening, but now I love it.
4. I love to chew bubble gum….replacement for cigarettes I guess since I quit smoking 15 years ago.
5. I secretly miss smoking….shhh don’t tell anyone!
6. I am married to my high school sweetheart….he was my senior prom date.
7. I am a firm believer in the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.
8. I am a terrible housekeeper….just ask my husband!
9. I am a procrastinator.
10. I am a registered Republican but in my heart I’m a Libertarian.
11. I love to listen to music really, really loud…especially Rage Against the Machine, Limp Bizkit and Metallica.
12. I dye my hair black….Starry Night is the shade to be exact.
13. I love to wear my combat boots with dresses and skirts.
14. I don’t like to be in big crowds.
15. I love living out in the sticks (Carroll County).
16. I love to wear hats.
17. I have an obsession with messenger bags and am in search of the perfect one on etsy.
18. One of our family’s favorite past times is setting up cans in the back yard and shooting them with bb guns….I did mention we live out in the sticks didn’t I??? I guess we are a little bit red neck!
19. I hate politicians Republicans and Democrats both….they are ruining our country.
20. I hope Donald Trump runs for President in 2010.
written by Erica of CEK Custom Designs
Some of my favorite hiking spots in and around Baltimore:
In my opinion, this is the best of the best! There is a really nice trail map at the trail head where you can plan a long, hilly hike or a shorter, easy one. Lots of water for the dogs to romp around in and well marked trails.
Location: Parking and trail head are off of Route 1 (Belair Road) where it crosses the Big Gunpowder Falls, about 5.4 miles north of I-695. For your navigator, put in 10092 Belair Rd, Kingsville, MD 21087 – that’s the restaurant right across the street from the parking lot.
I hiked this trail with friends and dogs last summer and fell in love. It’s on on Catoctin Mountain and quite hilly for Maryland but it is truly beautiful! There are miles and miles of trails (we did 15, ugh) so you can make your hike as long or short as you like.
Location: 8602 Gambrill Park Road, Frederick MD 21702. From U.S. 70, exit onto U.S. Route 40 at Frederick. Travel approximately six miles. Turn right onto Ga
mbrill Park Road and follow it approximately one mile to the park entrance.
A nice trail that’s not quite as busy as the other two. My dogs really like this one and it’s easy enough that my 14 year old lab mix can hike for an hour and be happy and not too worn out.
Location: This trail can be reached by exiting I-695 at exit 27, Dulaney Valley Road north. Drive 3.5 miles and park on the left just after Bosley Road. If you cross the bridge over Loch Raven you’ve gone too far.
Written by Brooke, FuzzyMug