Friday, April 1, 2011

Very Merry UN Birthday to Jen!



Hello! Who are you? Give us the 411 about yourself.
For starters, I'm Jen, and I'm the designer behind Yummy & Company.  I live in Baltimore, and on most days can be found in my studio working on my latest creations.  When I'm not working, I like to do yoga, paint, hang out with my hubby, friends and family.


When/how did you start your business?
I began my artistic career as a painter, but, after much prodding by my mother-in-law, I started designing jewelry in 2008.  She has worked in retail for years and kept telling me that I had a "great eye" for design and I should design jewelry.  What started out as "Okay, okay, I'll try it!" has turned into a wonderful career for me!  I get a lot of joy out of making things and I feel lucky to be doing it at a time when people understand and appreciate the value of well made, locally produced craft.

What inspires you?
Well, besides everything, let's see...
my family and friends, nature in general, art, color, music, light, texture, pattern, textiles, fashion, history, food, life, love, reading and being around other creative people.

What's your favorite thing about your craft?
I pretty much enjoy every aspect of it.  Except cleaning up!

If you could have one wish granted for the craft community, what would it be?
I think as a whole, the craft community is pretty amazing.  The amount of talent out there is inspiring and I just hope it continues to grow in ways that we can all be proud of.

by LanaBella & Lexi

note: my daughter Lexi is assisting on this series as part of a home-school project.

2 comments:

namoo said...

this is so cool, Jen!

Clare said...

Is that your mother in the top picture? She is as beautiful as you are!