Thursday, November 6, 2008

Life-Sized and Miniature

Life-Sized

Gary Kachadourian
Life-Sized Prints and Assorted Drawing Projects
Through December 5, 2008 at Gormley Gallery


Entering Gormley Gallery these days is jarring if you're not paying attention. And when my eyes are usually fixed upon a two year old, I'm definitely not paying attention to my surroundings. I rely on memory and habits as I make my way through. And even though I've been in the space hundreds of times, I am startled as I open the door from the stairwell. Whaaat? The gallery walls aren't cinder block. Drawings exceed the confines of the walls, moving onto the ceiling, into the space above. This is really spectacular.


Miniature

Jennifer Strunge
Eyepiece
From November 6 through December 20. The opening reception is tonight, November 6th from 6PM-8PM at Minstallation Gallery



You know Jen's Cotton Monsters, now check out her latest work tonight at the Minstallation Gallery at the Creative Alliance!

No comments: