Just in time for Thanksgiving! Pumpkin is not only delicious, but is so very good for your skin as well. Pumpkin is an excellent source of beta carotene and it also contains a multitude of vitamins and minerals with strong antioxidant protection.
Exfoliation softens the skin and prepares it for the moisturizer or other product you wish to use. This body scrub will gently exfoliate and revitalize your skin by removing dead skin cells, excess oils, and any residues of dirt and pollution from your skin to make it soft and healthy.
* 1 cup pureed pumpkin (fresh or canned)
* 2 1/2 cups organic cane sugar (regular sugar will do, too)
* 1 tsp olive oil (for extra moisturizing)
Combine sugar with the pumpkin puree in a bowl and mix well. Add olive oil and continue to mix. - You can add more sugar for a grainier scrub if you prefer.
Take a shower, make sure your skin is moist. Apply the scrub in circular motion. Rinse off when done.
This mixture won't be shelf-stable so use within a couple of days or store in the refrigerator for up to a week in a closed container.
A few things to keep in mind when using any type of body exfoliant:
1. Exfoliation works better when done on a regular basis. Once a week at a minimum. Gentle exfoliation can be done several times a week.
2. Use gentle circular motions .
3. Don't use ingredients that you are allergic to. If in doubt do a patch test.
4. Exfoliate at night and give your skin a chance to replenish.
5. Do not use on irritated, inflamed or broken skin.
Have fun, experiment and let those young new skin cells shine through!
Post submitted by Spa Therapy Works