Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wrangle Up Those Crafty Kids

And take them to Amazing Glaze in Mt. Washington to create their own ceramic treasure! OK, so the ceramic part is all taken care of, but you can choose from hundreds of vessels, tchotchkies, and functional or decorative wares just waiting for your child's artistic touch.


I have fond memories of drawing on a melamine plate when I was younger. I think. I might have fabricated this memory... who knows. Anyway, in my mind, I thought it was so awesome that my drawing would be made permanent. I felt so special, and my work so important. When my daughter was born, I couldn't wait until she was old enough to take her to this ceramic workshop we passed every time we went to the grocery store. I forgot all about it, because, you know, things get a little crazy when you add a baby to the mix.

Enter the terrible twos. These are the days when we just have to escape. Get out of the house! Do something unexpected, for no reason at all. This is when I remembered. It was perfect. Messy, but perfect. And my daughter painted a Christmas ornament that I hope will last forever. Her grandparents are going to be so psyched and proud when we give it to them!

No comments: