Monday, May 24, 2010

Inspirations: Rainbow Brite

As a child of the 80s, I adored Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Barbie and the Rockers, and of course, Rainbow Brite. I'd dress like Punky Brewster (layering my socks, and all) and yearned to be Cyndi Lauper. Drawings of rainbows, hearts, and shooting stars embellished my bedroom, and I even had the habit of putting my clothes in rainbow order. Only to have my sister mix them all up.

My color sense comes from these carefree childhood memories. I still love rainbows and striped grosgrain ribbons. Occasionally I buy stickers, and I have a box full of sparkly glitter.

Written by sugarpaperie

1 comment:

Christina Allen Page said...

When I was four, I seriously refused to answer to anything other than Rainbow Brite. Now, as an adult, when I frequently have pink hair, my mother knows why.