Saturday, May 29, 2010

What’s for Breakfast? Super Smoothie!

I love this smoothie and have been making one almost daily since I found the recipe. It’s full of good-for-you stuff and will keep you full and focused until lunch. The first time I made it, I was afraid it wouldn’t be terribly palatable but I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. And, if you’re short on time, you can blend one of these up in under 3 minutes and be out the door. I timed it!A few of the ingredients are a little hard to find at your regular grocery store but a quick trip to Trader Joe’s and you’ll have everything you need at a fraction of the cost.

You’ll Need:
1 c. Frozen Blueberries
¼ c. Unsweetened 100% Cranberry Juice
¾ c. Cold Water
1 Scoop Whey Protein Powder
1 Tbsp. Organic Flax Oil
1 Tbsp. Organic Flax Seed (ground)
1 Packet Truvia or other Stevia sweetener
Sprinkle of Cinnamon

  1. Grind 1 Tbsp. of flax seed in coffee or spice grinder for about 10-20 seconds.
  2. Put all ingredients into blender (I have found blueberries on the bottom blends best, add liquids last).
  3. Blend on medium for about 1 minute and pour into a pretty glass to enjoy.
You can adjust the consistency to your liking by adding more liquid or a few ice cubes. Change it up with frozen peaches, strawberries or mixed berries instead of blueberries!

Written by Fuzzy Mug

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've got to try this. This looks amazing. I will have this before my next race—just 5K :)!!

Plantress said...

This looks good and healthy but i don't know if it would be enough for me.

VW Studios said...

I start almost every day with a frozen berry fruit smoothie for the road. I might just have to try a few of these added ingredients! Thanks!