* 1 cup all purpose flour
* 2 tbsp Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa powder
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp sea salt
* 1/8 tsp cinnamon
* dash of nutmeg
* 1 stick of butter, cut into chunks
* 8 oz. Ghirardelli 60% Cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 6 oz. Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate chips
1) Pre-heat your oven to 350*F.
2) Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and set aside.
3) Use a double-boiler to melt the bittersweet chips (if you don't have a double boiler, you can simply use a metal mixing bowl over a saucepan of boiling water), stirring constantly. Make sure the chocolate is completely melted before adding the chunks of butter. Continue stirring until the butter is melted. Add the brown sugar, and stir. Then add the sugar. Stir. Take the double-boiler off of the water, and allow the wet mix to cool for about 3 to 5 minutes, so that the eggs won't cook when you add them. Add the eggs.
4) Fold half of the dry mix into the wet mix a little at a time, then add the rest, folding carefully (over-mixing can cause the cookies to turn out tough).
5) Add the semi-sweet and Special Dark chips.
6) Place 2 tbsp of dough per cookie onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
7) Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the sides of the cookies are firm.
Written by Roz of Moon Raven Arts.