Here is a simple little project by Design by Night that does not require sewing abilities. So unholster that glue gun and get to crafting.
5" square piece of felt for flower
3" square piece of green felt for leaves and backer
Hot glue gun
- Print out the pattern below. (Use the scale to make sure the print out is the correct size).
- Using the large scalloped pattern, cut the shape out of your felt for the flower. Note: You can use the pattern more as a guide. You do not have to be precise when cutting the pattern, if you look at the picture below you will notice that I rounded out the "corners".
- Cut a scalloped spiral (see fig. 3) in the circle trying to keep the thickness of the piece somewhat uniform. Keep in mind the circle doesn't have to be perfect.
- Wrap the center upon itself to create a roll and dab a little hot glue on it to keep it in place. Continue to wrap the felt around the center.
- Cut out the small circle and 2-leaf patterns using the green felt.
- Glue the leaves onto the small circle backer.
- Glue the backer with the leaves onto the back side of the headband.
- Glue the flower on top of the backer making sure that the headband is sandwiched in between.