Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Block Party Press

Hey there! I'm Tamara from Block Party Press and I make everything from jewelry and accessories to magnets, ACEO's and wall art. My favorite medium is polymer clay which some folks seem to think is just kids stuff, but there are a ton of things you can do with it and it is slowly becoming a more accepted art medium.


Most people are surprised to find out that my pieces are polymer clay. In the summer of 2006 I had a bit of an epiphany and found a way to harness all of my favorite creative interests (clay, painting and carving) into one area. I use hand carved stamps (blocks, hence the Block Party title) to create relief texture and imagery with polymer clay. I bring out the texture with acrylic paints and then I distress them to further bring out the details. I haven't gotten tired of the technique yet and I have been trying my best to stretch it as far as I can.

As with many artists, I was born this way. I have been drawing and making things for as long as I can remember and I have to create often or I just don't feel right. Sometimes my brain overflows with more ideas than my hands and my wallet can keep up with. I love texture, patterns, contrast, and of course color. For fun, I love creating art with recycled items(trash).



I am self-taught through much trial and error and a SAHM of 2 very active boys, 5&8 years old, although with the way my business is going, I guess I am a WAHM now. I also recently fell in love with macro photography, so when I am not creating with clay, or trying to keep up with my boys, you can usually find me behind a camera.

You can find me all over the internet:
blockpartypress.blogspot.com
flickr.com/blockpartypress/
trunkt.org/theblockpartypress
trunkt.org/blockpartypressaccessories

Post written by BlockPartyPress

1 comment:

Wandering Appalachian said...

Beautiful stuff, and you were on the front page today!!! :)