Saturday, February 21, 2009

Digging in That Dirt!

It's almost time, and for many of us, this will be the best garden year ever. Out of necessity. My husband and I take our urban gardening very seriously, but I admit, since Pepita was born, we haven't had nearly as much energy to keep it up as we've had in years past.

The year will be different, though. This year, we are ready.

I am so excited to print out this free spring garden guide from Little House in the Suburbs to help us organize our thoughts and planting schedule.



Once you establish the frost-free date for your area, this planner will tell you each week what seeds can be started, what can be planted out, and what can be direct sowed from now through the end of the spring planting season. (Italics are used to indicate it's your last chance to get that particular vegetable going.) Then, in the blanks below, you can record what you decided to plant, varieties, notes, what-have-you.


I love, love, love the planning part of winter. I can almost smell that dirt!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

yay! me too! I just realized I am behind with tomatoes and peppers! yikes!