Thursday, June 25, 2009
Twenty Things: Kathy of The Garbologist's Wife
Twenty things you don’t know about Kathy. She’s known as The Garbologist’s Wife, a Baltimore-based seamstress integrating upcycled, vintage and or eco-friendly into everything she makes.
1. I severely dislike when people wear in public sweatpants with elastic around the ankles.
2. My first big arena concert was Hootie & the Blowfish.
3. My cats are coincidentally all named after the Fondas.
4. I met Tom Jones in his hotel room outside of Reno.
5. I am the youngest of five kids.
6. I am a highly trained custom framer.
7. My husband bought me my first sewing machine that eventually helped me start my etsy shop.
8. I am actually married to one of The Garbologists, a local Baltimore band.
9. The silverware in my kitchen was won on The Price Is Right.
10. I’m hoping to visit the beaches of Bulgaria next year.
11. I’ve been vegan for nearly a year; I was vegetarian for about 12 years prior.
12. I was born and raised in Rochester, NY, just like Chuck Mangione.
13. We nicknamed the spare room in my house The Lord Baltimore Suite and plan to make guests sign a guestbook.
14. I camped in a tent for six weeks on the edge of the Pacific Ocean in Humboldt County, CA.
15. I’ve been unemployed since December.
16. I was the president of the Art Education Club at SUNY New Paltz when I was going to college.
17. I have a hot tub on my back porch.
18. I will have no less then two Cupcake Parties at my house this summer.
19. Eggplant and mushrooms are gross.
20. I will never disclose a complete list of my top-secret list of upcycled fabric resources.
Posted by Karen at 7:00 AM