Thursday, June 4, 2009

Twenty Things: Leslie Brown

Twenty Things you didn't know about Leslie Brown of Designs by Leslie Brown.

1. I am a Mom of 2 boys and I love their “rough and tumble take me as I am” attitude towards life.
2. I graduated from Syracuse University a long time ago with a degree in Magazine Journalism.
3. I cannot draw anything that would be recognizable.
4. I always wanted to do something that had just my name on it – to not be someone’s daughter, sister, wife or mom. And I did it!
5. I lost my brother in the WTC on 9/11 and I feel his energy in everything I create.
6. I started working with glass a year after my brother’s death.
7. I love green tea, hot or cold, any time of the day.
8. I also love Chardonnay, but try to keep that to at least after 5pm.
9. My husband is my best friend. We will be married 17 years in October, but have known each other for 25 years.
10. I am president of the Middle School PTO and was president of the Elementary School PTA.
11. I volunteer a lot.
12. I am a little bit addicted to Facebook and TOTALLY addicted to email, have to check it constantly.
13. I grew up in Pennsylvania, but truly love Maryland.
14. My favorite place to be is on the beach.
15. I have no problem speaking in front of large groups, but get very anxious in social settings.
16. I love to stay up late and sleep late.
17. I have always wanted to get a tattoo of Tigger, but my husband doesn’t like them (tattoos, not Tigger!) and I don’t like needles.
18. I love to be the center of attention.
19. I am especially fond of words, and love art that incorporates words.
20. Current quote on my bulletin board, “When you die God and the angels will hold you accountable for all the pleasures you were allowed in life that you denied yourself.” - Anonymous

Would you like to be featured? Email your twenty things (keep it clean, please!) to baltimoreetsy (at) gmail (dot) com. Be sure to include your photo, name and URL.

1 comment:

shellydaly said...

Leslie, I liked you before, but I like you even better now! shelly