Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fabric Design with Spoonflower

This past December I exhibited at the One of a Kind Show in NYC in the Etsy Pavilion. I picked up as much swag as I could while I was there. Got some bumper stickers, letterpress calendars and a this little DIY ornament kit designed by Anda. She told me she had been designing some fabrics on Spoonflower and that the ornament was something she had created using the site.

Well, I just thought that was so cool. I have been a long time textile lover and appreciator. Doing upholstery and reusing Japanese fabrics, I see lots of great patterns and textures come through the studio. Here are some great Spoonflower examples I found on Etsy:

2 comments:

namoo said...

great finds!

GlowGirl Fibers said...

Thanks for posting this...I really want to play around with designing fabric. This may inspire me to start!