Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shop Local-Terra Firma



Many jewelry artist in the Baltimore area already know about Bill and his shop Terra Firma but for those of you that don't, he is like Baltimore's own treasure! His shop may not be fancy and not the easiest to find but he sure has the best selection of jewelry supplies this side of the Rio Grande. Not only can you find a great selection of beads and findings but he carries raw silver materials (including chain by the inch, wire and sheet) and a great selection of tools. Everything and everything from simple hammers and pliers to torches and flex shafts. Bill is my first 'go to' for supplies. You can't beat the experience of hand selecting your tools and materials. Plus, Bill and his staff are super nice and a wealth of information.

You can find them in Pikesville, check out their website for directions. www.tfeinc.biz

5 comments:

Myrtle Dove Vintage said...

Bill is the greatest and his shop ROCKS!!!!

Erica said...

Love, Love, LOVE Bill and Terra Firma! Always the first place I go and just love the conversations with Bill!!!

Unknown said...

So helpful to me when I wanted to expand my wire work from making rosaries to working with heavier gauges for jewelry.

Christina Allen Page said...

I'm wondering how many of you I have seen around the shop but don't formally know. Hi all, I'm Chris, and I work part time in the shop. If you see me the next time you're in, be sure to say hi!

Clare said...

Hi Chris--I'm Clare, also just joined BEST. I plan to visit soon. I am sure I will be like a kid in a candy store.