Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Stacey!


aka studioG

Hello! Who are you? Give us the 411 about yourself.

I am Stacey Phinney of studio G. G used to stand for glass, graphics and Grabowski, my maiden name! Now that I am married, I still use studio G, though. I am one of those people my sister likes to call "artsy fartsy". I have always liked making things, and what I do currently is make fused glass plates and jewelry and, with my creative husband, Mike, we create hand turned wood pens.



When/how did you start your business?

I started my business 7 years ago after taking a fused glass class and getting hooked. I had purchased some fused glass items in the past and just fell in love with the art form.

What inspires you?

I am really inspired by texture, patterns and color. There are so many different types of glass that I use, and I get inspiration from them all, from irridized and frit to stringers and noodles!

What's your favorite thing about your craft?

The thing I like best about my craft is that it is so versitle.The possibilites in glass are almost endless. You can make plates, vases, platters, jewelry, boxes, wall art and more! And you can also put all your scraps to use too!


If you could have one wish granted for the craft community, what would it be?

One wish I have for the craft community locally in Baltimore, is to have a really nice juried craft show where we could highlight all the beautiful art made by so many artists right here in Baltimore. I would love to see a craft show in Patterson Park or Druid Hill Park that would draw people from all over.

by LanaBella & lexi

note: my daughter lexi is assisting on this series as part of a homeschool project.

1 comment:

Design by night said...

happy birthday! great work.