Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What I'm Working On: Anne Madison of AMadison

This series of posts will give you a sneak peek into what B.E.S.T. members are currently working on--in progress. The results may be messy, but they're definitely creative!

This one features Anne Madison of amadison.

Here is my worktable. The pile of pieces in the black tray
are most recent work, just photographed and added to my website, but
not yet to my Etsy site. My entire focus this spring is on
renewable, recycled, Earth-friendly, and fairly traded materials. The
rosaries are fabricated of Ghana recycled glass, tagua, Kenya
"mudbone," and crosses from Ethiopia. All are strung on either manmade
leather called Genya or on cotton soutache braid.

Above is the newest Irish rosary, all ready for St. Patrick's
Day next month. It is Kenya "mudbone" beads with a bone cross. The
ring is an African brass "belt" ring. I dunno much about them except
that they're old and hard to come by.

Here are just three of the rosaries pulled out and "posed."
Left to right, an Anglican rosary of red tagua and Ghana glass, an
Anglican rosary of recycled Coke bottles from Ghana and Indonesia, and
a Catholic rosary of Ghana glass.

That large copper watch face that lurks in all of the pictures is my
next project. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet.

Look for these in her shop soon!

No comments: