The 17th annual Arts on Foot Market in the vibrant Penn Quarter neighborhood of Washington DC will happen this year from Thurs. September 10 through Saturday, September 12. Artists will display and sell their work all three days, but the actual festival, which will highlight the largest number of artists, happens on Saturday only. The Art Market will span four city blocks between 7th and F Street NW with the Center for American Art and Portraiture as its backdrop. This is my first year to be involved and I’m very excited to be doing this show along with Shannon of Sweet Pepita and Jen McBrien of Jenny Jen 42.
Here is some of what you can expect to do….
- Browse and shop the three-day juried art market featuring fine artists selling a diverse selection of their original works.
- Participate in cool, hands-on arts and crafts and other family-friendly activities at the cultural corridors supported by The Pink Line Project.
- Taste signature dishes from 30 top DC restaurants at the restaurant sampling courts.
- Watch DC's premier chefs demonstrate their culinary talents in the O Organics cooking as art pavilion.
- Sample a variety of international wines and learn from the experts in the world market wine area.
- Enjoy a blend of exceptional local music and eclectic performances on two stages.
- Explore the neighborhood showcase of Penn Quarter cultural venues with special programs and activities for children and adults.
For more information including directions and transportation options, visit the Arts on Foot website.
Art Market // Thursday 09.10.09 & Friday 09.11.09 // 11AM - 7PM
Festival // Saturday 09.12.09 // 11AM - 5 PM
Post written by Shelly Daly.