Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What I'm Working On: CEK Custom Designs



So, we are now into 2010 which should have been a happy exciting time for me. I was supposed to deliver my 4th child (and 1st boy) on January 7th, 2010. Sadly, I lost him at 20 weeks into my pregnancy due to several complications. I don’t think there’s anything worse to go through then the loss of a child no matter if it’s at 8 weeks, 20 weeks or after giving birth. There were so many things we were looking forward to as a family with this precious new baby we were expecting….so many dreams lost. It was a very sad time for me. I am thankful that I was able to spend a small amount of time with him in the hospital after I delivered him. I held him and tried to give him all of the love that had been growing inside of me for him. I took a few pictures of him and I had the nurses get me a set of his footprints. I had decided that I would one day take those footprints and make a special piece of jewelry just for me so I could have a small piece of him with me always.

I recently showed someone the pendant that I had made for myself and she was so touched by it she was brought to tears! This woman shared with me that she had lost 8 pregnancies throughout her life….8 babies lost! She told me that I should be making these footprint pendants for all the mothers out there that had lost babies and didn’t have anything to remember their babies by. She suggested that I pick a charity and donate a portion of sales from the footprint pendants. It hadn’t occurred to me before to do that. I thought about it for awhile and decided that maybe I should do this…..maybe I could help another mother or grandmother or father get through the hardest time in their life….maybe this could help me continue to heal….maybe I could make a difference by donating to a charity that does research to help prevent the loss of pregnancy. After much thought I decided on donating to the March of Dimes to help with their mission to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.

This line will simply be called Samuel's Footprints. There will be a variety of round pendants in assorted sizes, earrings and eventually bracelets and rings. Price range will be from $10 - $75. All $10 item sales will be donated 100% to March of Dimes. Anything above $10 will be donated at 25% of sales. Please help me in raising money for this very special cause! There is nothing more precious than a new life and nothing more special than helping to be a part of bringing lives into the world safely and unharmed!

Also, if you or someone you know, has lost a baby and you have the babies footprints I can make a piece of jewelry with those footprints. If interested contact me at cekmom3 at hughes.net to discuss details.

Written by Erica of CEK Custom Designs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

designs are very cool!!!



Elaine from 1st babies