Summer is truly a tough time for our hair, so today I bring you some at-home hair treatments to reveal the natural beauty of your hair. Your can find all ingredients at a health food market.
Hot Oil Treatment for Dry Hair
Use this intensive treatment twice a month to re-hydrate dry hair and prevent dandruff.
* 1/2 cup of dried rosemary leaves
* 1/2 cup olive oil
-Combine oil and rosemary in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until warm all the way through. Remove from heat and strain, to remove leaves from oil. Coat scalp and ends of hair with hot oil, then wrap in saran wrap and cover with towel to retain heat. Leave on 15 minutes. Wash twice to remove excess oil.
Hair Tonic for Oily Hair
Daily use removes oil buildup, promoting healthy shine, and leaving hair smelling as fresh as it looks!
* 1 quart distilled water
* 3 heaping tsp spearmint leaves
-Add spearmint to water over medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Cool and refrigerate in an airtight container. Use daily to rinse hair after shampooing. (You find distilled water in most supermarkets)
Cucumber Hair Drench
If you swim in a chlorinated pool try this treatment to keep chlorine damage to a minimum.
* 1 egg
* 1 eggshell's worth of olive oil
* 1 quarter of a peeled cucumber
-Blend the egg, olive oil and peeled cucumber. Spread evenly through your hair, leave on for 10 minutes, then thoroughly rinse. For the best results year-round, continue this treatment monthly.
And don't forget these important tips to keep your hair looking healthy:
- Avoid using hair styling products with alcohol which dries out hair.
- Excessive stress, smoking, not exercising and a poor diet are not healthy for your hair.
- Don't leave the blowdryer in one spot for more than a few seconds, keep it moving.