Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Must-See Sites - COLOURlovers

If you are a graphic designer, fashion designer, or anyone who works with color, COLOURlovers is a site you should know about. I personally haven't tapped all of the resources available on this huge site, but if I ever need a color wake-up, this is the first place I'll go.
COLOURlovers™ is a resource that monitors and influences color trends. COLOURlovers gives the people who use color - whether for ad campaigns, product design, or even in architectural specification - a place to check out a world of color, compare color palettes, submit news and comments, and read color related articles and interviews.

The COLOURlovers™ community is regularly updated with information and examples of the way colors are used in the real world -- along with news articles on color trends and interviews with top creative professionals. Here everyone who is interested in the practical applications of color can find an index of color trends as they are happening. Together, they create a color trend index for the entire world provided by users of color worldwide. It's a tool designers and artists of all kinds use to work with colors in new ways and quickly find out what's hot and what's not. This site allows anyone to find their inspiration for color by searching, sorting and filtering through keywords to a color scheme that interests them... or create and share your own!
I generally don't need this kind of inspiration for my own work, as I enjoy the experimenting a bit too much. But to think of the time it would save me when deciding what color to paint my living room? Now that, I love.

1 comment: