Monday, August 25, 2008

Featured Seller: Silhouettes cut in paper and plants

The work of Jenny Lee Fowler brings back memories of childhood. As a child I would sit mesmerized by the small black paper silhouettes of my sister and I in deep black oval frames. That is, I imagined it was us. I don't remember them being made and for all I know they were two random girls with pony tails.


Custom Silhouette Portrait

Fowler offers these traditional silhouettes custom cut using your photo of a loved one. They are delicate, detailed, and absolutely lovely. For a ephemeral twist, Fowler will cut your silhouette from a green leaf. Fowler says, "Leaves will change color with age, and some splitting may occur as the leaf dries;" not unlike what happens to us.


Custom Leaf Silhouette Portrait

Cutting silhouettes isn't Fowler's only scissors skill. She also makes cut paper pictures done in the same way kids make snowflakes, but so much more sophisticated.


Blue Horses Silhouette Papercutting

Post written by VWStudios

5 comments:

averagejen said...

love these!

Jane Ann Wynn said...

Goodness! These are lovely...Love them! Reminds me of childhood too...

OH!I have something to share which got me through some of the rather BORING days at the office?

http://www.popularfront.com/snowdays/

I used to sit and make things and waste a little too much time- I am ashamed to confess! BUT it is a lot of fun! EVEN NOW! Haaa...

XoxoxoX
J a n e

(4 days left of office work- soon- FREEDOM!)

Red Prairie Press said...

really beautiful. i was always jealous of friends whose parents did this. Also love the more intricate papercuts. Good find!

Eileen said...

holy cow...these are awesome...especially the leaf one...incredible work...

Jenny Lee Fowler said...

I'm blushing. Thanks for featuring my work!