Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Favorite Handmade Possession: Erica

Sad to say, I was recently burned by a seller on Etsy. I had placed an alchemy bid for a large messenger bag made out of magenta Asian brocade fabric. I had wanted to take the bag on a trip over Christmas. After accepting a bid from a particular seller we were off and rolling. I paid for the bag up front in full (big mistake on my part) and long story short I never received the bag….ever.


But it is not a complete loss because I stumbled upon another Etsy seller, Class A Bags who was selling bags made from Asian brocade. After many convos back and forth the very nice lady of Class A Bags made me the most beautiful magenta Asian brocade bag a girl could ever ask for! I couldn’t be happier with it and it is currently my favorite handmade item!

Written by Erica of CEK Custom Designs

3 comments:

Sweet Pepita said...

It is such a shame that you had such a rotten experience. I'm glad you found a treasure at the end of it all!

shellydaly said...

Your new bag is beautiful! Is it even sweeter because of the journey...or no? I have a lime green version that is similar...from Chinatown in NYC...next time your there, check them out!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe any seller would stiff you like that! That's crazy. Glad you found what you need in the end though. Hopefully you were able to send a bad rating or let someone know about it.