Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Favorite Handmade Possession

As a mother, I cherish all of the handmade things that my kids have given me over the years. I am always amazed at what they come up with and their creativity is so inspiring. My youngest is definitely an artist, and he creates something new and amazing every day. I literally have boxes and boxes of all his creations and he's only 6 (I just hate to throw any of them away). My most favorite thing that he made me was a diamond ring. I started my Etsy shop when he was 4 and he wasn't in school yet, so we spent a lot of time creating with clay. He must have seen me making my jewelry and decided he would make some too. He made quite a few pendants, but one day he presented me with the diamond ring. He had designed it himself and it is actually wearable. No amount of real carats could replace that priceless clay ring.

No comments: