Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Finds - Whoo Loves You, Baby?

A wise old owl sat on an oak.
The more he saw the less he spoke.
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that bird?
--Poem from the Owl Bar at the Belvedere, Baltimore

I've been thinking about owls for a couple of months now, wanting to make or buy myself a new bag with a wise owl motif. Etsy, as usual, has been a rich source of materials for my owl fantasies:

First, the fabric. I bought some of this New Echino fabric by Etsuko Furuya, called "Tiger on a Tree." It comes in pink and black, and I bought some of each from The Fabric Worm.



I want a couple of large-sized buttons to close my wise owl bag. I think these little beauties from Buttons by Robin will do very nicely.



Handmade Sewing Buttons

On the other hand, this Otis the Owl iron on patch from BEST's own JennyJen42 could be, umm, pressed into service on denim or other plain fabric for a sturdy and original owl bag.



Otis the Owl Patch

If I get lazy, I can always stick with Jen for a nicely-turned-out owl pouch.



Mr. Owl Zipper Pouch

Or maybe I'll just slip over to Deluxe Junque for one of their owl and leopard Betty bags.



Hootie Owl Bamboo Betty Bag

written by Anne Madison of amadison.

No comments: