Monday, October 19, 2009

Favorite Etsy Shop: Jenlo262



I love Jen (of Jenlo262)'s aesthetic. She has everything I want from a painter- bold, warm colors, expressive brush strokes revealing the hand of the artist, charming subjects based on nature, and a friendly accessibility in style that all ages and walks of life can enjoy. Her voice as an artist is clear, fearless, and cohesive, and it’s clear to me as I look at her paintings that she had a great time creating them! In my opinion, Jen has struck the ideal balance between representation and abstraction. You recognize at once the subject of her images, but she captures more than just appearance- the essence or feeling of that subject is revealed simultaneously, in the very Jenniest way! When I grow up, I want to paint like her! I am the happy owner of a print: The Nesting Chair.

Written by Laura of The Baker's Wife

3 comments:

shellydaly said...

Wow, thanks for turning me on to this artists beautiful work!

ShesSoCrafty said...

Wow! I am totally in love with the first image! Wonderful Artist!

Jill Popowich Designs said...

Beautiful work! Thank you for turning us on to her work! I can't wait to see more!